Intelligent Baggage Handling – the Solution
The BBHS System Solution should be considered as an add on to existing BHS systems, and consists of the following units:
- Make-up Station– Rapid on-demand sortation and BBHS cart loading unit fully able to comply with Airline requirements.
- Capacity Boosters – On-demand storage of baggage until needed for sortation and make-up
- BBHS Cart – a baggage cart which is filled by the make-up station and emptied by gravity and keeps all baggage in sorted order for optimised loading in the Aircraft
- Arrival Station – receives all baggage from the BBHS Cart and dispatches to the Arrival belt or according to other arrival sortation criteria
The system drastically improves the Baggage Handling work environment by reducing manual handling to a minimum and by approximately 95%.
Out of gauge and oversized baggage must still be manually handled and stowed. The available Out of Gauge drawer is positioned under and at the end of the BBHS Cart.
As the BBHS System fills the gap between the BHS system and the Aircraft side and Vice Versa, the Semi Automated Baggage Handling process initially included the RampSnake, which was invented by our mother company CPH Inventures in the late 90’ties. In the meantime a number of derivatives of the RampSnake has been brought to the market.
BBHS has ongoing dialogues with most of the Belt Loader and Extended belt loader manufacturers to secure the presence of optimised RCT (Ramp Connector) units mounted on the various makes of Belt Loaders.
The current suppliers of Extended Belt Loaders comprises but are not limited to:
- The Mongoose by NMC Wollard
- Power Stow with Roller Track – available on most Belt Loader makes
- Mulag with Multi Transfer
- BendiBelt by Mallaghan
- RTT Longreach by Telair
- TIPS with Roller Track from Power Stow
Additional benefits with the BBHS Intelligent Bulk Baggage Handling System are:
- Gentle handling
- No dropped an damaged baggage from BBHS Carts
- Full traceability at all stages
- High efficiency
- High sqm. Utilization
- Reduced lifting (95% removed)
- High utilization ration of carts 1: 5
- RFID & Wi Fi Tracking Ready and adaptable
- Aggressive Pay-Back
- BBHS contributes to Insurance Premium reductions
- BBHS reduces overall Baggage Handling processing time
- BBHS Optimizes the entire value chain for the benefit of the passengers
Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional information and to set up a meeting on the Solution elements.